Acceptable Use Policy
- You agree not to post any listings or private messages advertising or promoting a particular website, product, service or venture (regardless of whether it is for profit or not) unless it is in direct response and relevant to a request for such information and any interest is fully disclosed. If you wish to advertise at Starquine please see the relevant advertising section in the main menu for details.
- You agree not to post any material which is false, defamatory, derogatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Contravention of this agreement may result in criminal action being taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
- You agree not to use our website to "name and shame" companies or individuals. If you wish to warn other members of poor service or fraudulent activity please invite them to contact you privately for further details.
In addition, please note:
- Please be courteous at all times, even if you disagree with another member's point of view! Opposing viewpoints are very welcome but personal, derogatory attacks on other members or moderators are not acceptable.
- Promotion of political groups or ideologies, political rants, any form of spam, flooding, advertisements, petitions, chain letters, pyramid schemes or solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited.
It is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this listings. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this listings. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this listings immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. Any removal will be completed as soon as possible. We also retain the right to edit, move or delete any posted message and suspend, delete or deny any account or account registration request without giving any reason. Account owners are expressly prohibited from opening a new account if an earlier account has been closed or suspended or earlier registration request denied. You acknowledge that all posts made to this website express the views and opinions of the author and not the site owner, administrators or moderators (except for messages by these people) who cannot be held liable for the contents of such posts.
Major updates to the site or surveys may be announced to the membership via email (no more than 2 emails per year).
The privacy of our visitors is important to us.
At Starquine, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit Starquine, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on Starquine to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into listingss or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database or file. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent (except when requested by a law enforcement officer or court of law), the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the safety of the data being compromised.